MATTHEW 25:40- AND THE KING SHALL ANSWER AND SAY UNTO THEM, VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, INASMUCH AS YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE MY BRETHREN, YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ME.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Last week on the Women Living Well website, her "Making your Home a Haven" challenge was to light a candle and every time you see the glimmer of it pray for peace in your home“.

The lighting the candle part was easy since someone (me or one of the kids, usually Danny) will light a candle sometime during the morning.


Remembering to pray for a peaceful atmosphere was a little harder to remember as I went about the busyness of the day.



This week the challenge is to continue the previous weeks challenge, but adding to that will be the challenge "Play soft music everyday in your home. Then, focus on using peaceful words and maintaining peaceful relationships."

Isaiah 26:3~ You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.


I really have a desire to make this work! I think compared to some houses, ours is pretty peaceful. But I don't want to "compare" to others....I want us to measure up to God's standard and I know a huge chunk of that is the parents responsibility....my responsibility since I am the one my children are around ALL. DAY. LONG!

Peace is a fruit of the spirit....which we studied about in school last week! :)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I was going to write more, but my sweet daughter came to my room, bored. So we sat and talked (yes, we discussed how to promote a spirit of peace in our house) :) and sang some songs together. She is a real joy to me....
Then she said, "Mom, it is really time for you and me to have a mother-daughter day out....past time"!! :) I agree, dear daughter, I agree!! So I asked her what she would choose to do, if it was up to her. She said, go shopping, get our nails done and eat at Olive Garden! :) Sounds like fun!
Guess now I need to just ask God to help us make that happen! :)

Praying your week is blessed....walk with God!!

II Thessalonians 3:16 ~ Now may the Lord of peace himself give you his peace at all times and in every situation. The Lord be with you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment