MATTHEW 25:40- AND THE KING SHALL ANSWER AND SAY UNTO THEM, VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, INASMUCH AS YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE MY BRETHREN, YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ME.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

31 Days to Clean ~Day 7

Day 7 Challenge-Clean up stacks of stuff in master bedroom.

Ok, so today's challenge is probably the most embarrassing one for me to post publicly!! *blushing face*

But this is exactly why I am doing this challenge, because I am sick of these stacks and messiness!!
 I have always heard that your bedroom (after you are married) should be a "haven" and most definitely not a room full of clutter. 
BUT, (in my defense) this is the only place to stash stuff out of the way when company is coming....good enough excuse?? Even though the bedroom is a mess, at least the rest of my house can look clean, right?? :P *sigh*
Yes, I've been doing a lot of sighing!! :P

So, here goes.....
Stack #1....on my side of the bed. And trust me, this used to be a lot worse!! :O


AFTER:

small confession: there are a few things stacked back there again that I am going to list on Ebay......BUT, if they don't sell, they are going to the yard sale boxes!!

This stack is mostly boxes of books that were given to Dan for the prison. He has to go through them all, because some are not appropriate for a male prison and some are magazines that just need to be pitched, but a few of the boxes are full of brand new books. Thankfully, Dan just finished up a class and has a little more than a week break, so he will have time to take care of this! :) For now, they got moved out of our room.


Oh, and any ideas where to store my laundry baskets? My laundry is a closet and there is not room for the whole stack on top of the washer or dryer. Still contemplating that one!

AFTER:


This stack was once on my bed {another day when I was trying to clean up} and it came bedtime and what to do except put it on the floor till later! :P
(no after pic)



The bookshelf......


Most of this requires my man's attention! :) I did clean off the shelves and organize the books a bit, but Dan wants to go through the books and get rid of some, so that will happen another day/evening!

AFTER: {the little bit I did}


 All those trouble spots.....I picked the stuff up off the floor and put it on my bed to sort through it, so this was what my bed looked like......


And this is what it looked like right before I sat down at my computer to post this blog. So I will need to finish it tomorrow. Tomorrow's challenge is organizing my desk, which is a fairly small job since I recently downsized my desk and it hasn't really got cluttered! :) I hope by tomorrow night to give you a full view of a clean room!! :) The good feeling about this is knowing that everything is finding a permanent home, either elsewhere in my house or going to someone else's or to the garbage!! :) YAY!!


Thanks for tagging along another day....and thanks to those of you who left me encouraging words either here or on Xanga or facebook!! :) 

1 comment:

  1. My side of the bed looked just like yours! Like you, I cleaned it up, along with some other areas. I've also read and heard others say that the MB should be a haven. Somehow, ours gets cluttered with dirty baskets laundry for lack of another place to put it until it gets hauled off to the basement where the machines are. Not sure where you could store empty laundry baskets. Do you have room to attach a hook to your ceiling inside the closet? Even if you have to lengthen the hook with a rope or something. ??

    ReplyDelete