MATTHEW 25:40- AND THE KING SHALL ANSWER AND SAY UNTO THEM, VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, INASMUCH AS YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE MY BRETHREN, YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ME.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving with Friends~

It is different being so far from family during the Holidays, but after 6 years, you'd think I would get used to it. 

This year we were blessed to be invited 2 different places for Thanksgiving dinner, but we had accepted the first offer, so we had to decline the second.

We went to the Pickron's home and shared lunch and a lazy afternoon....then Kay and I ventured out to Walmart at 10 PM for a bit of Black Friday shopping. My cart was FULL, but I ended up only buying a few things. I had picked up a gridle that I thought was $9 but it turned out to be $18, still a good deal, but not good enough! :) I also put back a 1600 piece box of Legos. Although the extra pieces would have been fun, I think we do have enough floating around! I was disappointed to miss a good deal on a 600ct. sheet set. But that's all part of the adventure, I guess!

Kids excited to spend the day with friends~


I made Kay carve our turkey! I took lessons! ;)
Dan's boss gifted us a turkey and we had our friend, Danny, owner of Pork Barrel BBQ, smoke it for us. It was DELICIOUS!!


Menu:
Smoked Turkey
Dressing
Turkey gravy
Green Bean casserole
Sweet Potato Souffle
Cranberry Sauce
Homemade bread and jelly (by Kay)
Fruit Salad
Pumpkin Crunch
PB Bars
Cookies 
Coffee



My plate along with a glass of sweet tea! :)


Dan couldn't keep his eyes open all afternoon and the cat (Spigot) joined him for a snooze.
Right before I took this picture, Dan was sleeping and the cat jumped from the back of the sofa onto his chest. It startled him a bit, but he went back to sawing logs~


The kids had fun riding 4-wheeler, playing Wii & Xbox, card games and in the evening they made a fire and played outside.


Us adults watched part of a video series by Ray Vanderlaan and surfed the internet, napped, ate food and chatted.  :)

Today I am dragging a bit from the late night, but I am determined to get SOMETHING done. Next week Good News, the group Dan sang with in PA is coming for the Prison Crusade and some of them will be sleeping next door and spending the days here. So I need to get my house in order and start thinking about food! :)



Today is a special day for Dan and I. 16 years ago he asked me the biggest and most life changing question of our lives....Will You Marry Me?? :) Of course I said yes! I had no idea at the time how God was going to bless us. I think of how young and immature we were and how much we DIDN'T know and I just thank Him for being by our sides on this journey! Looking forward to another 16 years!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment