MATTHEW 25:40- AND THE KING SHALL ANSWER AND SAY UNTO THEM, VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, INASMUCH AS YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE MY BRETHREN, YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ME.

Monday, November 7, 2011

C25K

Ok, so maybe it's all the rage, but after hearing the success story of a close friend, Dan and I decided to try this program, C25K. We asked the kids if they'd like to join us. They both agreed, though Tamara was a bit skeptical...she does not like exercise, but she does love joining the rest of us in whatever we are doing, so she couldn't say no! :)
 So, last Monday was the first day of our first week! OUCH!! Talk about hurting muscles. The first week you walk briskly for 5 minutes, then jog for 60 seconds, walk for 90 seconds, jog for 60, walk for 90, and so on, till you have walked for 25 minutes. We usually end up walking more like 30 minutes all together.
 Each day we went a little farther meaning we picked up the pace a bit. The kids did GREAT with jogging....they and Dan could stay well ahead of me, but they would so kindly jog back to me to make me feel like I was keeping up! :)

Tonight was our first night of the 2nd week....walk briskly for 5 minutes, then jog for 90 seconds and walk for 2 minutes and so on, for 25 minutes again. It's amazing how the first week prepares you for the second. The first week I thought there would be no way I could jog for 30 seconds more each time, but it was do-able!!

It takes us the "5 minute brisk walk" to get from our driveway to the end of our dirt road.

Then we jog across the highway to the paved part of Parrish Lake Rd. That is where we finish the rest of the program, then walk back in our road. Tonight we were still jogging when we got to the dirt stretch, so we made better time! :)


Dan and the kids getting ahead of me! :) But I can handle it! I'm doing what I can! :)


And here they come!! :)


This stretch of the road is very deserted. Tonight we saw about 10 deer, a wild cat of some type...we were too far to tell....probably a coyote or bobcat!?? 
Then we saw an armadillo crossing the road, so Danny ran up to it and kicked it. If you are familiar with armadillo's, you know that jumping is their defense mechanism (not sure why??) Well, when he kicked it, it jumped up in the air and right into the woods....it looked HILARIOUS!! Wish so bad I had the camera ready!! :) (You might think that sounds mean, but they have hard protective shells! I don't think it hurt it!!)
Oh, and we also saw some cows out on the road!! :O Oops!!

This is going to get intense, but I am determined to stick it out!! The first week I didn't notice any weightloss, but after I ate supper and took a shower, I weighed myself....and I was down almost 2 lbs.....and that was AFTER eating supper. I am not going to allow myself to weigh again till Friday morning! :) Hope to be pleasantly surprised!! :)

1 comment: