MATTHEW 25:40- AND THE KING SHALL ANSWER AND SAY UNTO THEM, VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, INASMUCH AS YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE MY BRETHREN, YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ME.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Tropical Storm Debby

So Tropical Storm Debby stopped by for a brief visit!
The rain started on Sunday morning....we got 1.6" of rain and some wind. Our electric blinked off about 10 times before we left for church on Sunday and then about 5 minutes before we left the house, it went off completely! We wondered what we would find when we got to church, but there was electric there!

The 2nd and 4th Sunday's we have fellowship dinner, followed by an afternoon service from 12:45-1:45. Then at 2 we sing at one of two local nursing homes.

This past Sunday our family was on the schedule to share for the afternoon service. But when we got to church we found out that a couple who had just come home from a Nicarauga mission trip were prepared to share about their trip, so our program got postponed to this coming Sunday night! :)


Monday morning I went out to the garden to see if there was anything left to pick. My zucchini and cucumber plants are dying off and there was no fruit on either of them! My zipper peas did not fair well. Once they were about big enough to pick, they would shrivel up! :( I don't know what is wrong. The plants look lovely and had tons of peas on them! I'm bummed and hoping to find some somewhere at a produce stand!

While I was out at the garden, the clouds were rolling and the wind was whipping.


We grew our cucumbers on the back fence. Max helped himself to one that got a little big! ;) He seemed so proud of it too! He was trotting all around the back yard with it while I was out there! :) Crazy dog!


From all the wind we had been having, it blew the blooms from the crepe myrtle's down! :( It looks kind of neat to see the dog's pen covered in a carpet of pink petals, though! :)


Yeh, the blooms were down all over, including in the pool!! : /


Soon after I got back in the house, it started pouring and it rained and blew all day Monday! We got another 2" that day....so 3.6" isn't bad compared to the 15-25" they were predicting!! :O


Sometimes the house got so dark from all the clouds and rain....it was a lazy kind of day!


Tuesday morning the rain was gone, the clouds were gone....it was a brilliant blue sky morning.....for a few hours. I was going to hang out my wash, but by 9 AM it was raining again!! By late afternoon it has pretty much cleared out again and it's safe to say, the storm is gone! 

Last evening Dan and I ran again, after not running for a week. Well, he did last Thursday. A group of local people started a "Fun Run" every Thursday night in town. They have a route mapped out for different distances. I'd like to go some week soon! Last week I think they had 38 people show up! Dan and Danny have been going as often as they can and they would love for me to join them! :)
But this Thursday, I am going to the Women's prison near here to participate in their evening chapel service. I'm not sure if I'll be home in time to run!??

And speaking of that service. I need to decide for sure today what I am going to share about and prepare for it! The deciding part is almost harder than the sharing part! :P Any ideas??

1 comment:

  1. Like the pink petals on the dog's floor too :) Glad you were safe through it all! <3 Praying that you have a good day!

    ReplyDelete