MATTHEW 25:40- AND THE KING SHALL ANSWER AND SAY UNTO THEM, VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, INASMUCH AS YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE MY BRETHREN, YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ME.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Chalkboard Project

I have always loved seeing chalkboards in people's homes, especially when using them to post verses, quotes, prayer requests, etc. 

Well, I am planning a Graduation Party for Dan for this Friday night and when looking for some decorating idea's, I came across a neat idea that needed a chalkboard, so I searched my house and found this frame we weren't using. It was an oak frame. 

{I forgot to take a before pic}

I had bought a can of chalkboard paint a few months ago, but it was still in my closet {waiting for such a moment as this} :D

So this morning I took the frame out in the yard and painted it glossy cherry. In real life it looks a little darker than these pics.
Then I washed the glass with Windex, followed by alcohol and rubbed some fine steel wool over it and used alcohol on it one last time to get it good and clean.  I took it outside and gave it 4 coats of chalkboard spray paint.


The finished product!! :)


Well, not technically. I still need to prime it by rubbing chalk over it once it has dried for 24 hours.


I am excited to be able to use it in my kitchen when the party is over! :)

I got my instructions for this project HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on your blog. One of these days I will do a chalkboard project. I just love them, but have yet to attempt it.

    ReplyDelete