MATTHEW 25:40- AND THE KING SHALL ANSWER AND SAY UNTO THEM, VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, INASMUCH AS YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE MY BRETHREN, YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ME.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Pies

When we were in PA in August, one goal I had was for my Mom to teach me how to make pie crusts. Yes, believe it or not, I am 33 and don't didn't know how!! 

 So today I tried it for the first time all by myself. I had signed up to bake Wet Bottom Shoofly Pies for our Benefit Banquet tomorrow night and I decided this year I didn't want to buy crusts.

 I think they turned out pretty well. 


The first one I made just wanted to rip, so I added just a tad more water (I hadn't added all the water the recipe called for because it was starting to feel too sticky) That seemed to solve the problem.


And the finished products!! Next time I need to save more crumbs out, I think....they look a little scarce!


Now I need to make more soon so I don't forget..... :)

1 comment:

  1. i know this may sound weird but i always think pie crusts are so pretty!!! :) way to go for making them yourself and when i saw the finished product i had missed what kind you said they were and i thought, "those look like shoofly pies.. or sugar pies as we called them too.." so i scrolled back up and sure enough!! i'm not a big pie person.. but those are my fav.

    a friend of mine in cincy made me one every year for my bday. and over a matter of a few days, i literally ate the whole thing myself!! haha.

    have a good day, girl!

    ReplyDelete