MATTHEW 25:40- AND THE KING SHALL ANSWER AND SAY UNTO THEM, VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, INASMUCH AS YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE MY BRETHREN, YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ME.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Boiled P-nuts, Phones and Snakes

I've been saving my Tupperware $$ for a pressure canner. I did online research and priced them on different websites and then took that info along on our trip to PA. I was thrilled to find one for a little less than what I could have gotten it online.....and one that is safe for my glass top stove. I put it to work 2 days after we got home!! :)
Harveys Supermarket had green peanuts for $.99 a lb. Wed. only, so I got about 10 pounds.

I got 14 quarts plus a kettle full we cooked and ate one night! :) I might try to do a few more yet.
We still had one quart left from 2009 that I kept holding off on opening since I knew it was our last one! :) Now, it can be eaten to make room for a new jar! :)

On a whole new subject.....we had been having some trouble with our phone and internet before we left on our trip....and when we got back, the problem was still there. I called it in once and soon they called to say it was fixed. Well, that was not so. In just a few hours we would either be without phone or internet off and on. So, the 2nd call was placed on Thursday and a tech actually came to the door and did some research here on our property. He said there was a line that was about wore through and he thinks he fixed it. And it seemed he had! The phone line was clear and we had internet again....but again, it only lasted a few hours.....then back to the old, crackle, crackle, blink, blink, fuzz!
So, Saturday morning we called again and the same technician showed up very soon. He did some more investigating and not long after came to the door to say he found the problem down the road a bit. *Yay!!

Well, he also took care of another problem in the process....he killed this 5 ft. rattlesnake just out the road from us!! :) So glad that is no longer alive!! :O

Yeh, he was a good Tech!! I'd take him back to work on our phone lines again!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment