MATTHEW 25:40- AND THE KING SHALL ANSWER AND SAY UNTO THEM, VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, INASMUCH AS YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE MY BRETHREN, YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ME.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

New Experiences

Have you ever heard of restaurant.com? You can get meal voucher's for a steal!

Well, back in March I got an offer to buy a $25 meal voucher for $2 to a Pizza joint in Chipley. The only catch was that you needed to spend at least $35! I wasn't sure we could rack up that much at a pizza place with just our family {found out we could have}, so last night we invited a few friends to go with us to try the place out! :)

After the 4th try, we finally found someone who was home and didn't have evening plans! :)

So off to Chipley we went to K.C.'s Pizza and Grille. From the time we stepped in the door till we exited, our experience was excellent! Friendly service, great family-friendly atmosphere and yummy food. Their menu included some steak/chicken entrees, burgers, subs (cold or hot) and pizza. We chose to get pizza....

1- Taco pizza

1-All-the-Way (supreme)

Since us two families both live 40 minutes away in slightly different directions, it wasn't really convenient to continue the evening at one of our houses, so when we walked outside, we decided to explore the town a bit.

There was a train track running right through town just past the parking lot. A man, who sounded very Elvis-ish, was singing down the street at a cute 50's ice cream shop (where I want to go sometime), there was a large grass lot housing an old caboose.

Barrett on the caboose

Tamara said she would catch Danny if he fell (what a kind sister!) :)

Downtown Chipley....I'd love to go back and spend more time browsing that town someday.

Our family

Scott & Amy Cloud and Barrett...and baby Audrey ;)

As we were walking by the tracks, I said "I think I heard a train", but no one else seemed to hear it so I laughed. I am kind of known for my "bad hearing" so it seemed like a joke. But then!! I DID hear a train....so maybe I'm not so deaf after all. If I'm not, then what IS my problem?? Haha!

Of course, since it was coming through town, the whistle was blaring....it was quite loud. Dan was videoing it with his Flip camera and as the train came by, his hat went flying! :) Thankfully, it just blew along on the sidewalk. That might have been one smashed hat if it had went down to the tracks! :)

Tamara

Barrett watching replays of the video Dan shot. We had to laugh. He was a little scared when the train first came blaring through, but once the whistle stopped, he loved watching it.

Well, on the video, during the part when the train was coming, he would back way up, but as soon as the engine was past, he would run up to the camera and watch the rest of it. When the video was over, he would say "again"!! :) Silly boy!

Love how he got so close! :)

Danny & Barrett (saying choo-choo)

It was a lovely evening with friends!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment