MATTHEW 25:40- AND THE KING SHALL ANSWER AND SAY UNTO THEM, VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, INASMUCH AS YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE MY BRETHREN, YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ME.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Ministry Update

If you would like to follow my husband's blog with ministry updates, you can visit Yoking up with Jesus.

 Here is his latest blog post from tonight! :) Keep praying for our family. While his job and position changed a bit, we are still very much seeking His will, not just in the current prison work, but in ministering to our community! Thank you~

February 2014

January was a month of new beginnings. The first Chapel Service at Gadsden Reentry Center on Saturday, January 25, 2014 with 4 inmates attending. January has been a slow month in terms of chapel programs at Gadsden Reentry Center. Please pray for me that I will be patient with the start up process. It appears that I will have to learn some new processes for interacting with DOC since I am working as a contracted employee through the Unlimited Path, Inc. instead of a state employee.

Monthly numbers:
  • 2 Services with 13 total attending
  • Inmate Contacts (visitation in the dorm, work areas, and visiting park plus contact through services and programs) – 280
  • Interviews (orientation, religious, premarital, pre release, death and crisis notification) – 34
Please pray with us as we look for a more economical vehicle. The round trip every day is 90 miles. My Jeep gets about 20 mpg. I'm hoping for something that gets at least 30 mpg.

Most of all pray that I will not lose focus on the main objective - building His kingdom.


Thanks to all of you for your support of the ministry at GRC.

Dan Henry 

No comments:

Post a Comment