MATTHEW 25:40- AND THE KING SHALL ANSWER AND SAY UNTO THEM, VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, INASMUCH AS YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE MY BRETHREN, YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ME.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cookie Exchange

Tamara and I were invited to a cookie exchange by our friend Tiffany Anderson. I was a little unsure about going, because I was afraid I wouldn't know anyone there except Tiffany and that felt too awkward to me! :P I found out that my friend Yolie and her daughter Carmen, Tamara's best friend, were also invited and planned to go, so she convinced me to join her! :)

We had to bake 12 dozen cookies to exchange.

We chose to make Chocolate Crinkles. Tamara mixed up the cookies and then we refrigerated them for a few hours.


Then we formed them into balls and rolled them in Confectioners Sugar.

And this was the final result....


[I had told Mom about the exchange and what kind of cookies I was making. I just talked to her last week and she asked how the exchange went. She said when I told her what kind of cookies I was making, she was a little nervous for me, because when she makes them they get too flat and just don't turn out. She didn't want to tell me that and discourage me, so she was glad they turned out ok!! :) ]

We played a few games after eating a supper of finger foods.

These ladies worked in teams of 2 and could only use 1 hand each, to wrap a gift. :) That is HARD! I am so thankful for my 2 hands!!


Here the younger girls had a relay, carrying marshmallows on a spoon while wearing gloves. :)
 Putting the gloves on...

    

 GO....


 Dropping the marshmallow in the bowl....


Next girls turn...


Whoever got 10 in first won. Tamara's team won and she chose a gift off the table...it was a Bath & Body works candle!! :)

Then us ladies had a similar relay. We had to unwrap a Hershey Kiss with gloves on and drop it {completely unwrapped} in a bowl.


Go Yolie!!


Our team did not win, but we had a great evening. We played a few more games, Tiffany had a devotional and we had lots of laughs as people tried to snatch each other candy cane necklaces if we said the word Christmas or cookie. :) Some people set there friends up, can you imagine?? :)

And we came home with containers of yummy sweets! :)

I'm so glad I went....we really enjoyed our evening! Thanks Tiffany!

No comments:

Post a Comment