MATTHEW 25:40- AND THE KING SHALL ANSWER AND SAY UNTO THEM, VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, INASMUCH AS YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE MY BRETHREN, YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ME.

Monday, October 4, 2010

I am loving this cool morning!! Our thermometer read 42 when Dan left for work and it's only supposed to get in the 70's today! I think we will hurry through our school work and spend the afternoon outdoors. There are shrubs to be trimmed and flower beds to be weeded. Jobs that I've been putting off till the cooler weather came! So now I have no excuses. We'll just have to make sure we have plenty of ant spray since a bunch of hills popped up after the last rain!

On Saturday, I went yard saling all-by-myself. I was kind of hoping to find some Christmas/birthday gift for the kids. Not much success. I did stop at the Farmer's Market and bought one thing for Tamara! Also, the one yard sale had Women's clothes and I got myself 3 shirts. At that same sale they had lots of kittens to get rid of. Tamara and I went back later and got one. Our kitten seemed to have vanished sometime last week. I don't know if the coyotes got it (they were making lots of noise one night!!) or what happened to her....she is missed. This new kitten is a male and he meows all. the. time. But a little girl is thrilled!!

Yesterday I was blessed by our whole church service. After 2 weeks of feeling down and struggling, I believe things are looking up! It's like Dan posted on his facebook status...."The wifey is humming, all is right with my world!" He is a great encourager and I don't know how I got so fortunate to have him!?? We were just talking about that yesterday. For as young and immature as we were when we got married....we both are blessed that each other turned out as well as we have! Seriously!!

So today we hit the books again....

Then later I need to call and arrange a surgery appointment for Dan. He has in Inguinal hernia that is causing him much discomfort. He saw our family Dr. last week and she thought he could probably wait awhile to get anything done....but he is feeling quite the opposite! It keeps bothering him more and more and then there is always the chance that it could get strangulated leading to more problems...not sure why she thought he should wait!?? So I am praying for wisdom which Dr. to call...thankful for a friend who works in that field and can give recommendations!I am getting the itch to take pictures again. Life has just been so hectic and I haven't taken my camera on many outings! I think the cooler weather makes being outside more attractive, too! It's time to start thinking of family pics, too. A friend and I are going to swap our services and take each others pictures this year...which is excellent!! Now to decide when and where and what to wear!!

I will leave you with a few pics from last weeks Ag Adventure field trip...

Danny and Sam G.


Two of the wagon loads ahead of us....


Starting off in the sorghum maze....


Listening to the history of peanuts.....


Each child who wanted got to pull up some peanuts....then we each got a bag of roasted and a bag of boiled peanuts to take home!!


Trying to walk like a 6-legged bug... Humans just aren't as
coordinated, we discovered!!

Checking out the FL soil...


Lunch time! We chose to eat under the tent to give the public school students on our trailer more space. It would have been crowded!!

Our group of kids....


More bug facts....


Learning about all the different types of pumpkins and other interesting tidbits.


One quick shot of some of the pumpkins before my battery went dead!


I also have some pics from art class, but they will have to wait. It's time to get school started!

Happy Day to you~

1 comment:

  1. WE shared some boiled peanuts with some northern friends the other day and they asked us how do they grow. On a tree?, bush?,... Just think your southern kids know this is just common knowledge. :) A priviledge of living in the South.

    ReplyDelete