MATTHEW 25:40- AND THE KING SHALL ANSWER AND SAY UNTO THEM, VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, INASMUCH AS YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE MY BRETHREN, YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ME.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Last 4 days

We have had a busy but fun week! In the last 4 days we have spent more time away from, than at home!
Wednesday the kids & I got up early (somewhere around 3:45 am) and headed up to Pelham, GA. It was dark most of the way there, so we got to enjoy the BEAUTIFUL sunrise! Thank God for safe travels! I had a little scare when we got near Dwayne's. We were driving along, it was still a little dark and all of a sudden, thwack....we got hit by something that made it really hard to see out my windshield. It scared me so bad that I couldn't find my wipers and instead hit the high beams! LOL! It was an irrigator spraying water across the road! :) Talk about alot of water! HeeHee!!
We got to Dwayne and Chris' house and then rode with them to the Ag Expo in Moultrie. We had a good day with our "family"! :)


~Cousins~
A highlight for the kids was face painting!

Heidi
Cody
Tamara
Danny got his face painted, too but I didn't get a good picture of it. The lady did a pretty pathetic job anyway. He wanted a tiger face and it looked more like she just made lines all over his face!
We had a really good day....long and lots of sun, but what is better than spending time with family?? :)
*********************************************************************************

Thursday evening we had the privilege of attending a Casting Crowns concert! Thanks to some special friends!! :)
We were blessed!!
**********************************************************************************
This morning I took a bunch of our "stuff" to Emily Gillis' yard sale and stayed there for an hour or so, then Chris and her children came! :) Yes, we got to spend two days together this week.
Today was the 22nd Annual Goat Day, so that's were we all went. All the kids games, etc. were free. Danny & Carmen tried out this game. You were strapped in with like a bungy cord hooked to your back and you had to run and try to see how far you could go and stick on the little sticky blocks. It was hilarious, but it kind of jerked them back hard.
I would have taken more pictures, but I had forgot my camera battery was low and, well, you know! :) I could have got pictures of the coin dig, visiting the Pioneer Settlement, outhouses that had plenty of newsprint handy :), a stern school marm, friends, hay rides, our yummy lunches (I had a Greek Salad), and the greased pig chase. Danny caught one again, but wasn't one of the first 3 so he didn't win anything. We were excited for Cody though!! He got 3rd place in the youngest age group!! He won a trophy and $5. I'm sure that was worth coming to FL for!! :)
After we got tired of being there, we came back to the house and visited for a few more hours before they had to head home. I sure enjoyed the last few days. :) :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment