MATTHEW 25:40- AND THE KING SHALL ANSWER AND SAY UNTO THEM, VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, INASMUCH AS YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE MY BRETHREN, YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ME.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

I Said Yes!

On November 25, 1995, 19 years ago today, Dan and I went to our friends, Vernon Wadel and Karen Weaver's wedding. Mom had made me a new green dress with big red-ish roses and gold highlights in the print. I loved the dress because it had a belt {remember that}and a straight waist....Mom used to always make me elastic waists dresses which I hated! Anyway, I think Dan and I were gift receivers at the wedding.

Later that evening, we went out for supper to Chi-Chi's in Ephrata with two other couples who were both engaged to be married in December and February. {Yes, love was in the air!!} :)We had a great time....and remember that belt? While we were eating, Dan sneakily used it to tie me fast to my chair. When we got up to leave I was stuck! Silly guy! :)

I don't remember what all went on that night but after Dan took me home we were sitting and talking. I don't even remember what we were talking about but I told him I love him so much I don't know what to do with him? :) He said, "I have a suggestion.....will you marry me?" Would I? Would I? OF COURSE I would!! :) I was so excited. My parent's were still up so we went and told them.
We pulled out a calendar and since Dan was teaching school, we chose a summer wedding, July 13, 1996. And so it began.....

We had no idea what the future held, but I am happy to say, I'd do it all over again!! :) :)

XOXOXOXOXOXO


Our engagement picture..... 

2 comments:

  1. Aw! Congratulations. I remember those florals being so in, but I was Beachy and could only dream of wearing prints. ha! Isn't it fun to look at old pictures and hear your children laugh about how you looked back then, and know that some day they will laugh at their 'cool' selves now?!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my! I had to smile when I saw this :) You look like young things ;)

    ReplyDelete