MATTHEW 25:40- AND THE KING SHALL ANSWER AND SAY UNTO THEM, VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, INASMUCH AS YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE MY BRETHREN, YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ME.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

ER Visit

Tuesday evening Dan did some mowing when he got home from work.
Later he decided to go for a run in town. Neither Danny or I felt like going running, so he went by himself.

When it was about time that he should be getting home, he called and told me that he had broke out in hives pretty bad and had taken Zyrtec, but since he was right near the hospital, he was going to sit in the ER parking lot to be sure he would be okay.
He has had hives episodes a number of times over the last few years. Only once before did he go to the ER and that was one of the first times, because it freaked him out.
But he sensed that this time was different.

About 5 minutes after he called me, I got a call from the ER nurse telling me that he was admitted and I needed to come. The kids were all ready for bed, so I let them stay at home and I zoomed off to town.

When I got there, the lady at the desk told me that Dan had come in to the ER waiting room and told them what was going on. She said not long after that, she could tell he wasn't doing good and she told him that he really needs to see a Dr. 
It didn't take much convincing, as he was feeling pretty rotten!

I had to wait about 10 min. to go see him, because they were doing an EKG, chest Xray and some blood work.
When I finally got to his room, he was shivering cold! He had been wearing an A shirt to run and they had cut that off of him, so his chest was bare and because he had been sweating, he was wet and the AC was turned up against! So I found a robe laying there and draped it over him. He fell asleep for a couple minutes till the Dr. came in to check on him.

His blood pressure had really dropped and his heart rate was elevated, so they gave him a dose of epinephrine, some benadryl and had him hooked up to an IV. About 9:40, they came and determined that he was stable and the hives were disappearing, so they released him.


We don't have any idea what is causing this....trust me, we've gone over it and over it in our minds!
I guess it's time to start a diary of foods, places, activities, times, etc! :P Hoping for some relief for my man!

2 comments:

  1. Very scary,I am sure!Hope you find answers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! very scary indeed! So thankful for hospitals, though! Keep us updated on progress of finding answers.

    ReplyDelete