MATTHEW 25:40- AND THE KING SHALL ANSWER AND SAY UNTO THEM, VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, INASMUCH AS YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE MY BRETHREN, YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ME.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

More Biking....

After the church bike hike, Dan left our bikes on the rack on the back of his truck. We couldn't pass up the opportunity to ride again on Sunday afternoon!! :) It was another Beautiful Fall Day!! Normally on the 2nd and 4th Sundays, we have Fellowship meal followed by an afternoon service and then singing at a local nursing home/rehab center. Since we had our first night of revivals planned for that evening, the afternoon service was canceled, and because of the possibility of anyone carrying the whooping cough bacteria, we canceled the nursing home singing. So we had an open afternoon!! :)



God has truly blessed our family with good health and I praise Him for that!! I don't ever want to take that for granted!!



I wasn't sure I should post this next pic....beware, it is slightly graphic!! ;)

This was in the caboose on the train in town....they just recently opened it for the public to walk through...I hope they fix up the interior like they did the outside...someday!



Dan "warming" his hands over the stove... :)



Who's that peeking out the window?? :)



Another shot of the Apalachicola River....



Testing the waters...they said it was a little cool!!



*~*~*~*~*~*~ I have also been truly blessed with a wonderful husband!! ~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~And two sweet kids ~*~*~*~*

Danny (he will be turning 11 in 3 weeks!! :O)

And Tamara who keeps asking....how long is it yet till my birthday?! She will be 9 on Jan. 2. Which will be here before I'm ready!!



Dan showing how high the water got a few months back when we had so much rain....the river level was around 8 ft. on Sunday, but since Tropical Storm Ida came through and dumped a bunch of water, they are expecting it to get up to 16 ft. in the next day or two!!



A necessary rest stop on the way back up the trail....







On the last stretch....Tamara gave out coming up the hill, so we pushed our bikes together. :)





What a fun, refreshing day....



We are enjoying the nightly revival meetings with Allen Yutzy, from OH. He is a very interesting speaker and the children can't wait to go tonight to see what he has planned for the Children's Meeting. He also promised an object lesson for the adults. :)

I don't know if I will make it tonight. I have a dentist appointment this afternoon and suspect I'll be getting another tooth pulled. My back teeth are all bad and so rather than pay $1,000 to save each one, I am opting to get them pulled and get a partial denture...much cheaper in the long run, not sure if it's smarter though!?? And the thought of dentures makes me feel old!! :P Hoping that if they do pull the bad tooth, it will heal quickly...the last one I had done bled for what seemed like forever!!



Tomorrow my day is going to be filled with baking. The GEMS benefit auction is on Saturday in Tallahassee and we are going early Friday morning to help set up. Monroe and Ruby H. so graciously are allowing us to stay at their place overnight to save us a trip home Fri. night and back early Sat. morning.

This year, I have been assigned the job of photographer for the auction. I LIKE that!! :) Other years I helped at the bake sale, which was also fun! Praying the Lord will bless the auction and funds will be raised to continue supporting the volunteer chaplains and all the workings of this prison ministry! Come out if you are in the area!!





No comments:

Post a Comment