MATTHEW 25:40- AND THE KING SHALL ANSWER AND SAY UNTO THEM, VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, INASMUCH AS YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE MY BRETHREN, YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ME.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Applesauce Day

Board members, Merrill & Marie Detweiler were in Ohio last week to arrange for items to be delivered down here for the GEMS Annual Benefit Auction on Nov. 10. I asked them if they could bring back some apples for me to make sauce. I miss the crisp, fresh, delicious apples from the north!
 The place where they bought them gave them a good deal and threw in some extras! 

So this morning I got busy and made and froze some yummy applesauce. :)

I washed the apples.....


then cut off the stems and bottom ends.


Placed them in boiling water for a few minutes till they got soft.....


Then we ran them through the strainer. Danny was my helper. Tamara took a turn a time or two but I didn't get a picture of her.


When I helped my friend Angie make applesauce, I learned that if you ran the skins through a second time, you could get almost another cup of sauce off of them!! So that's what I did! Amazing~ It doesn't look appetizing, but it's just apples skins. :)


Fresh, hot applesauce!


Added a little sugar and cinnamon ....


mixed it up good.....


and put it in freezer boxes. :)


So thankful to have all that in my freezer! :)

Thanks Merrill & Marie, for blessing our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment