MATTHEW 25:40- AND THE KING SHALL ANSWER AND SAY UNTO THEM, VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, INASMUCH AS YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE MY BRETHREN, YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ME.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

{Wedding Bells}

Today was the first wedding I was ever at that the bride and groom were in their 80's!! :)

It was the special day of Emmanuel Troyer and Martha Byler.
Martha was a widow from our church and Emmanuel was from South Carolina.

Earlier in the week, we were not sure the wedding was going to happen. ON Wed. morning we got a call that Martha was taken to Bay Medical Hospital because she couldn't breathe. Soon after that we heard that she was bleeding internally and the doctor said to call the family! That sounded scary!!
Turns out that she has congestive heart failure, but she rallied and was doing better and was able to come home yesterday. :)

The wedding was held at our church, Red Oak. It was simple, but lovely!!



Cute cake! :) Love the precious moments topper!


This picture shows my role in the wedding....

Martha asked the ladies from church who were not related to her, to work in the kitchen! There are only 5 of us!! :) Alma Nissley did a great job organizing everything and being in charge. My job was to mix the punch and keep the punch and water dispensers full, and keep cups filled as I could, to help the line move faster. Other's pitched in and helped and I think it all flowed smoothly! I wish I had counted how many times I had to refill the punch dispenser!! :O It was a hit! (white grape juice and ginger ale mixed)


 Since Martha was just in the hospital, they had a wheelchair ready for her! I thought it was cute how they decorated it! :)


One of Martha's sons and his wife and son sang the processional!


So bummed that the next two pics got blurry. :(
I thought it was so cute how Emmanuel held her hand as they walked the aisle! :)


MARRIED!!! <3
Mr. & Mrs. Emmanuel Troyer!! :)


Their bridal party was Martha's daughter Kathy & Rich Mast and Emmanuel's son, David & Martha Joy Troyer.


~ Martha & Emmanuel ~


Yep, even 80 year old's get their car decorated!! :)


What a lovely day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment